support links page title image

Since I’m a blogger based in the UK I pretty much only know about UK support however, please do look into these as some of these do have help for around the globe or can refer you to places for your country.

Below are some organisations that you can contact for support and information:

SAMARITANS – They have a UK based helpline which you can call at 116123 for free support when you are in need 24/7. The website also has some information that can be useful to yourself and to people around you.

MIND – This charity, I cannot fault. They have a UK helpline which you can call at 0300 123 3393 between 9am and 6pm monday to friday. MIND also have a great peer to peer support forum which is called Elefriends it’s great, you can stay anonymous (I do) and i’d highly recommend this if you’d like some support from others in the same place as you. The website itself has some great information and resources that will be very helpful to yourself and people around you.

SANE – same as MIND, these guys have great resources and information in their website. Their helpline number is 0300 304 7000 between 4:30pm to 10:30pm daily. They also have a peer to peer support forum and that can be found here its called black dog tribe.

NEWPATHWAYS – This charity, I’m currently working with. They work with people who have been through rape and sexual abuse. They are amazing. Please note, there is a waiting list but if you can get into the waiting list. It’s worth it. These guys are pretty amazing.

I will be adding to this list as time goes on and I come across any others that may be great to recommend to others.

Obviously the first point of contact should be your GP/family doctor who will talk through things with you and help you if they can and they will refer you to the appropriate services be it the PMHS (Primary mental health service) or the CMHT (Community mental health service) or even the crisis team.

If you are currently in crisis, please contact your GP or A&E who will help you as best as they can and get you into contact with a mental health specialist.